Ministry of Health, Oman
Link for RA:
- Safety: GSO 1943/2016: Safety Requirements of Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
- Claims: GSO 2528/2016: Cosmetic products – Technical Regulation of Cosmetic and Personal Care Product Claims
Who can register :
Data to be communicated :
- Documents confirming that the consignment complies with relevant criteria, such as a release application, are required.
- Application for approval of cosmetics imports
- A copy of the certificate of commercial registration
- A private laboratory registered with the Directorate General for Standards and Metrology or the manufacturing company’s laboratory provided an examination report.
Does not require registration at the DGPA& DC.
- Must be free of prohibited substances according to other updated international regulations
- Must be compatible with restricted substances according to the enclosed annexes
- Must not come in pharmaceutical dosage forms
- Must not include medical claims.
Imports of cosmetics shall be accompanied by a document attesting to the accuracy and integrity of the product information provided by the manufacturer.
The obligatory procedure for releasing or approving the import f cosmetics as prescribed by a ministerial decision requires very consignment to be accompanied by a certificate proving that it conforms to these standards.
Timeframe and fees:
As per the requirements of the harmonised worldwide Gulf standards No.: GSO ISO 22715 for cosmetics, packaging, and labelling, the product label shall be published in both Arabic and English.
The manufacturer’s name, trademark, country of origin, ingredients, and any product cautions are also required on the label. Instructions for use, date of production, batch number, and expiry date are among the other requirements.