Eurasian Economic Union
Link for RA:
Technical Regulation 009/2011 “On the Safety of Perfumery and Cosmetic Products”
Who can register:
Cosmetic product quality and safety, as well as compliance with Technical regulations, are the responsibility of the manufacturer, Applicant, and importer.
Data to be communicated :
- Composition requirements,
- Requirements for physical and chemical indicators,
- Requirements for microbiological indicators,
- Requirements for the content of toxic elements,
- Toxicology requirements,
- Requirements for clinical (clinical and laboratory) indicators,
- Manufacturing requirements,
- Requirements for consumer packaging,
- Labelling requirements.
Cosmetics can be imported and sold without having to register with the government. However, it is planned to update and standardise local legislation with the EAEU’s entry. A Certificate of State Registration of Products/Products Declaration received through a “centralised” method in one of the EAEU member states is currently accepted.
The Applicant, a resident of an EAEU member state, should commence the registration (evaluation of conformity) of the cosmetic product. The Applicant is responsible for ensuring that cosmetic items meet the requirements outlined in all applicable EAEU technical regulations.
Timeframe and fees:
Before a cosmetic product can be placed on the market in the EAEU, it must have a common mark indicating the product’s circulation. The mark is placed on each product’s package and shows that it complies with the applicable EAEU Technical Regulations and has passed the conformity assessment.
Before beginning the declaration procedure, samples of perfumery and cosmetic items must be researched (tested) in an EAEU Member State’s recognised testing laboratory.
As a result, the declaration procedure may be broken down into the following steps:
- Carrying out research (tests) on samples in an accredited testing laboratory.
- Examining the application, the results of investigations (tests), and other essential documentation that prove the products’ safety and adherence to the EAEU Technical Regulations.
- Registration of the declaration with an accredited body.