Ministerio de Salud
Link for RA:
Law No. 5395.General Health Law
Who can register:
- Spanish Responsible person
- All import processing should be carried out by a certified customs broker
Data to be communicated :
Product Information File:
- Clarification between manufacturer and owner
- Procedure for the application of the sole prevention
- Interested in advertising Health products
- Users of cosmetic registration modification of criteria on the responsible professional and clarification on presentation of the qualitative-quantitative formula
- A professional responsible for the cosmetic registration process
- To all-natural or legal persons dedicated to the production, importation and registration of cosmetic products
- Post-registration changes through the electronic system
- Users of the food and Cosmetic Registration System
- Receipt of files to confront
- Files pending to confront
- The registration of these products is now done digitally through the page www.registrelo.go.cr for the use of this system, it is necessary to have a digital signature.
- The Costa Rican Health Ministry requires the manufacturer to get a Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practices or a License of Operation, which must be provided by the government or a trade group.
- Prior registration with the Ministry of Health is required for the import of cosmetics and personal healthcare products.
- Exporters of consumer products may be required to provide a CFS certifying that their goods may lawfully be sold in the UK. Applications for the CFS issued by the Department for International Trade (DIT) Import Licensing Branch (ILB) should be made through the electronic Import Case Management System (ICMS)
- Certificates of Conformity are required.
Timeframe and fees: