The authorized bodies for authorization of perfume and cosmetic products in Kazakhstan are the certification authorities accredited under the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU)
TR CU 009/2011 “On the safety of perfumes and cosmetic products”
Regulatory Authorities Website :
Who can register:
The manufacturer, Applicant and importer shall be responsible for the quality and safety of cosmetic products and for compliance with the requirements of Technical regulations.
Registration (assessment of conformity) of the cosmetic product should be initiated by the Applicant, resident of the EAEU member state. The Applicant shall be obliged to ensure conformity of cosmetic products to the requirements established by all applicable Technical regulations of the EAEU.
- an application
- samples of labels and packages
- certified copies of technical documentation (enterprise standard and instruction)
- documents confirming the quality of the product and compliance with the claimed characteristics
- acts and reports of accredited laboratories and research centres
- copies of documents about all essential attributes of a product (organoleptic, physical, microbiological, chemical, etc.)
- annotations with all information about the properties of the specified preparation, instruction for use, and precaution
- manufacturer’s founding documents
If perfumes and cosmetic products contain nanomaterials, you will also need to make copies of documents with complete information about each of them (nanoparticle size, properties, and other characteristics).
If products are imported from abroad, all documents in a foreign language must be translated into Russian. The translations must be certified in the prescribed manner package of each individual product, and indicates compliance with the requirements of all applicable EAEU Technical Regulations and passing the assessment of conformity.
State registration of perfumery and cosmetic products of foreign production is performed before import into the customs territory of the EAEU.
Common mark of the product circulation on the EAEU market must be affixed on the cosmetic product prior to it’s placing on the market. The mark is affixed to the package of each individual product, and indicates compliance with the requirements of all applicable EAEU Technical Regulations and passing the assessment of conformity.
Before starting the registration procedure it is necessary to conduct research (tests) of samples of perfumery and cosmetic products in an accredited testing laboratory in the territory of an EAEU Member State. Thus, the procedure of state registration can be presented in such stages:
- Conducting research (tests) on samples in an accredited testing laboratory;
- Expert examination of the Application, results of studies (tests) and other necessary documents which confirm safety and conformity of the products to the requirements of the EAEU technical regulations;
- Entering information into the unified register of products and obtaining a certificate of registration